Saturday, January 3, 2009

BCP: Pasta, Pesto and Peas

This recipe rocks! Ina incudes this recipe in her section on "Summer Parties" and I couldn't agree more. I guarantee if you took this to a picnic or BBQ, you would come home with an empty bowl.
First, I needed pesto which I had previously made (you could use store bought refrigerated pesto if you are short on time). Since the first step was already completed, I boiled up some bow-tie pasta (the recipe calls for half bow-ties/half fusilli but I used all bow ties). When you get your pasta al dente, drain it and toss with a touch of olive oil.
Meanwhile, food process the pesto, drained and squeezed frozen spinach, lemon juice and mayo. Mix this with the pasta and pop in your defrosted frozen peas, pine nuts and parm. Add some salt and pepper and get ready for a food party in your mouth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made this before and loved it. it made a TON! ;)

Cookbook Queen said...

Soooooo good! I pretty much half most recipes--including this--and it still made a ton!! I can't even fathom how many nights we would have been eating this if I'd made the whole recipe (though now I wish we did--kinda jonesing for some!).