Monday, January 5, 2009

BCP: Cookies for Santa


Since we were on a cruise for Christmas, we didn't actually leave these cookies for Santa but I'm pretty sure he woud have liked them--we did!


These are your traditional chocolate chip cookies ut they use chocolate chunks instead of chips. They are one part of a trio of cookies Ina includes in her "Snow Day" celebration. I've actually made all three cookies before (chocolate chunk, peanut butter chocolate chunk and chocolate white chocolate chunk) and they get rave reviews each adn every time.


Ina is of the "bigger is better" philosophy as well as the "soft, chewy center" cookie--two schools of thought I also subscribe to.


An extra cookie tip--chill the dough before you use it. That way your cookies won't become too flat. I wish I had done that as mine were quite thin (but still super tasty).


No comments: